2 June 2021

The good weather is still here i Co Durham = another glorious gravel ride / hike / run.

 


Well it would be a shame not to really, go for another ride. I was over Cornsay Colliery way in my van so dropped down to Esh Winning and jumped straight on to the old railway line to Stanley Crook on the Creo. It was glorious sunshine yet again but a cool wind which made it much more pleasant for me. I did not have long so it was a small loop down to Crook from the top to pick up the road to Willington then left at the Coop to pick up the line back to Broompark. From the picnoc area I turned left at the top junction back to Esh Winning again. The lines were lovely and quiet again but most of the other people out n about were either deaf or ignorant or a combination on both as hardly nobody heard my bell or me shouting "excuse me" but there is is always some that give you the time of day when passing inc three very well mannered horse riders. All in just over 17 miles with just under a 1000ft of climbing. 














A new cafe (horse box and a rather loud jenny) area has set up at the bottom of the farmers field just off the railway line between Broompark and Ushaw Moor. I did not have time to stop but might take Jane the next time we are passing and its not raining or closed. 






Then later on me and Jane parked up at Brasside / Frankland ponds and did a 3.8 mile hike still in the sun then I decided to try and run, jog, fast walk back home. All in 5.25 miles in 1hr 20 mins with 300ft of climbing and I was on my hands and knees by the time I got back in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment