31 May 2021

Bank Holiday Monday - Local road ride - Durham Villages loop

 


Again I woke up to some lovely sunshine so jumped into my summer cycling kit and off I went. Now as soon as I hit the roads the sun had gone and the wind was a lot stronger than yesterday = feeling really cold! The Garmin was reading 7.8 degrees going up through Low Shincliffe and no sign of the sun coming back out, oh dear. I just kept my head down and plugged on with the ride, at least the roads were quiet at 8am. The my legs were feeling a little more tired today after yesterdays spin out. By the time I climbed up to Quarrington Hill the sun had burnt through again but the wind was getting stronger. The temperature on the Garmin was rising steadily now and I had some heat on my back warming me up nicely. The roads were also getting busier with most people in a great rush to get some where. Saying that I had quiet a few considerate drivers holding back and not passing me until the road was clear and leaving plenty of space for a change. I did not stop or slow down too often to take photos on the ride so my average speed was up and nearly dipped under the 2 hour goal for the loop. 
All in 31.25 miles in 2 hours 2mins, ave 16mph and climbed just 2000ft. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more sunny rides etc soon -  










No comments:

Post a Comment