30 May 2021

Local road loops with some gravel at the end - sunny & hot for a change!

 


Well summer has finally landed! It is very rare to get good weather on a bank holiday weekend and even rarer to get fantastic weather on a bank holiday weekend. 
Yesterday was a day of jobs from early doors right the way through to mid afternoon then it was nap time! Last night I checked the forecast and dragged out my summer clothing kit and got the bike ready for a spin the following morning. 
Again I woke up to misty fog with the sun trying to burn through. That was not going to stop me from swinging my leg over my new saddle. I had a local road loop / loops planned and wanted to get over 40 miles in so had a rough idea on the first loop over to Chester Le Street / Stanley then over to Team Valley way and back towards Pelton. The second loop was just made up as I enjoyed the quiet country back lanes around the hills of County Durham. I ended up at Langley Park so jumped on to the old railway line back to Baxter's Farm then home via the cycle lanes. All in 43 miles in 3hrs 1 min, ave 14.1mph with 3200ft of climbing. Below are a few sunny snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 























No comments:

Post a Comment