18 May 2021

A split gravel / tarmac from Hamsterley Village.

 


Well the recent weather has been rotten to say the least.  There was some sun but it soon went but the forecast was looking dry so thought I would have a drive over to Hamsterley Village. I had donned my Goretex jacket but not too many layers underneath as I though the sun would come out and the temperature would pick up. Well I dropped down to the forest drive and did some trails to bring me out at the Grove then went around the back and along the fire road right to the edge of the forest and over the moor to the road to Egglestone The forest was lovely and quiet but very wet and muddy. Once I hit the tarmac the heavens opened and the temperature on the Garmin dropped to 4.6 degrees. I could see my own breath on the climbs. Christ it is the middle of May and no signs of anything better coming over the next two weeks either. I had a longer route / loop planned on the road side of the ride but due to the rain and temperature I just took the shortest route back to Hamsterley. Once I was within a couple of miles of Hamsterley the roads were dry and the rain had eased. Once I got the bike back in he van and I got changed into some dry / warm clothing the sun came out as I drove off, bloody typical. 
All in just under 24 miles in 1hr 49 mins with 2000ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 





























No comments:

Post a Comment