2 May 2021

Local 42 mile road loop inc Pontop Pike and some of the old Durham Beast route

 


No frost this morning but still sunny so I took the Creo out for a local road ride loop. I headed off down to Chester Le Street then turned left and headed for the hills. I did not have a set route in mind but wanted to ride some sections of the old Durham Beast route that I have not ridden for a while. Most of the roads were quiet and the back country lanes were empty. The bike was going well and so was my legs. There was a stiff cold breeze in places but not too bad. By the time I was over Butsfield way it clouded over and the temperature dropped on the Garmin. The wind was not too bad either. It stopped dry apart from one very short hail stone shower. The County gritters are still out spreading road salt like its going out of fashion, not sure why as the coldest temperature on the Garmin was 5.5 degrees. All in I covered just over 42 miles in 2hrs 58mins, climbed 3400ft with an ave speed of 14.1mph. There is a photo of the route at the bottom of the blog along with some photos from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 
























No comments:

Post a Comment