28 May 2023

Fresh Goods Sunday - Attacus CC Men's Burnt Orange Thermal 2 Long Sleeved Jersey


I bought this winter long sleeved jersey a while ago when Attacus CC was having a clearance sale. I was not really after another long sleeved top at the time and this was before I bought my two Assos winter jerseys. I have have worn Gorewear long sleeved jerseys for years but the last one was no where near the quality of my really old Gore top. When I tried on the Attacus top the sleeves were far too long, and I mean long. I cannot remember exactly but I am sure I had to have over 75mm / 3" cut off them. I should have may be sent the top back but I decided to keep it and get them altered. The alterations shop did a fantastic job and you cannot see the top has been altered but there was one thing I did not think about. With reducing the length of the sleeves by so much the arm gets wider as it goes higher up the sleeve. No when I wear the top the sleeve length is spot on but the cuffs are too wide and don't have any elastic in them so the cold air just blows straight up your arms. So I have to wear this jersey under a softshell jacket or rain jacket! The material is lovely and fleecy with three good sized pockets to the rear, full length zip and a silicone gripper to most of the hem. It is a very basic design and made from all of the same materials in all of the panels. To be honest £50 was more than enough for this top. I will be sticking with Gorewear or Assos in the future, not that I need anymore long sleeved tops for a good few years! 

RRP £100.00 and I paid £50 inc 48hr p & p - Discount 50% 

Manufacturers Blurb - Let's be honest, cycling in the colder seasons can feel like a bit of a chore. But it doesn't have to be. We believe the key to enjoying riding at this time of year is being prepared. It's why we've devoted the past four years to developing a cold weather range that gives you the tools to take on whatever those stubborn months have in store. Combining everything we know about comfort and fit with the best technical fabrics around, this range of carefully-considered pieces is made to protect you against the elements, so you can continue enjoying the sport you love all year round.

FEATURES & FABRIC
  • Close-fitting long sleeve thermal jersey made from premium fleece-like lycra - a midweight stretch fabric that provides extra warmth for the colder months.
  • Drop collar that narrows at the front for added comfort when in a riding position
  • Shortened zip length for a better fit in a riding position
  • Three reinforced rear pockets deep enough to fit even massive smartphones
  • Reflective Flare pocket strip made from innovative Flare fabric. The strip, which runs along the bottom of the rear pocket, appear black in natural daylight, but when a beam of light hits it - BAM - the glow is unmissable, giving you extra visibility to other road users
  • Silicon hem inside the jersey ensures everything stays in place
  • Tailor-cut for cyclists so you’re comfortable and have full protection against the elements when you’re in a riding position
  • Made from 100% premium recycled Italian fabric. Each jersey is made from approximately 14 recycled plastic bottles
  • Composition: 86% recycled polyester, 14% recycled elastane 
  • Made in Italy

          IDEAL FOR: Autumn, mild winter and spring riding




















          No comments:

          Post a Comment