11 May 2023

A hilly local road ride around Derwentside area inc Pontop Pike

 


I decided to take the road bike out for a spin today around the back country lanes / hills of Derwentside area. It was one of rides where I did not fully plan a route, the route was decided on the next turn / junction in the road. I wanted to do some hills and keep off the main roads as much as possible. It was lovely and quiet with very little traffic on nearly all of the tarmac I was on. I ended up doing a little more than I had planned in my head but the weather was dry and it was warming up nicely. I have put a photo at the bottom of the blog of the route and it took in some of the old Durham Beast Sportive. My legs were starting to feel it on the last climb but I had the fast descent back down to Lanchester where I topped 49mph freewheeling. All in just over 30 miles with just under 3000ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon - 




















No comments:

Post a Comment