25 May 2023

First ride out with shorts & new socks on, also some fresh goodies - USE Exposure Zenith light & Salomon X Ultra 4 GTX shoes

 


Just a short spin today on the Creo gravel. It was lovely, sunny and hot when I left but within ten minutes of leaving it clouded over, strong wind and a few spits of rain. Typical I had just put on my new socks to match my SS jersey and I wore my shorts for the first time this year. Not to worry onwards and upwards. Looks like the road chipping gangs are going to be landing in Co Durham very soon. The council have been busy patching some roads ready for the chipping / tar lads to cover it up. On the way out I called in past Infinity Cycles to collect a light I ordered with Peter. He did a "Price Match" deal, more on this further down the blog. They are also having a sale this Saturday of none Specialized brands to try and clear out the old stock. 





After using my Exposure Sirus for a couple of winters and on every road ride throughout the year on Day bright flashing mode I was having a look at a brighter light that fitted the same bracket I have on my Creo road, Trek mtb and helmet. The Zenith model was the one at 2100 lumens, rrp £265 and "Price Match" deal was £198. More on this when I start using it later in the Autumn / when the clocks change. 




I also ordered another pair of Goretex Salomon shoes / trainers from Wiggle, rrp £155 and I paid £86. I love Salomon Goretex shoes apart from the sole rubber is on the soft side. I have to size up as they are on the small side just like Sidi shoes. 
More on both of these goodies in up coming Fresh Goods Sunday. 



No comments:

Post a Comment