8 May 2023

Catch up inc Fresh Goodies - Specialized Fjallraven Socks and new tools

 


Apologies for the lack of blogs at the backend of last week but one thing or another I have not managed to get out on my bikes etc. On the plus side I treated myself to a new pair of socks for when I can wear my shorts or 3/4 bib tights. I looked at these last year and did not buy them as they are pricey but I bit the bullet this year and treated myself. I have loads of new socks now ready for some good weather riding. More on these in an up coming Fresh Goods Sunday later in the year. 
Yesterday morning was bike washing and fixing time. I washed, dried, oiled three of my bikes and gave them all a polish with Autoglym Super Resin polish. After that I adjusted the rear mech on my Creo road bike as it was struggling to get into the large cog on the cassette. A full turn of the B tension screw sorted that. I also topped up the Stans tubeless sealant in the rear tyre. Charged up the Shimano Di2 battery. On my Creo Gravel bike I removed the bar bag and moved the foam spacer back into place on one of the straps, apart from that this bike is running good. I had nothing to fettle on the Trek Procaliber.  They are already for some more miles under the tyres. 



Also a couple of weeks ago me, Angus & Arran had a day off work to go down to a Professional Builders Tool Fair at Harrogate. It is first time we have been to the event so was unsure what to expect but we were all very impressed with the fair and if it comes back up north again next year we will defo be going back. You had to pre register and book in on the day. It was on over a Thursday and Friday. We got there before the doors were open at 10am and there was already hundreds of people already signed in and waiting at the doors! we were not expecting that. Inside the show hall the companies had set up their stands and it was busy first thing but calmed down after dinner time. If you are are into your tools then this was the place to come. The Wera stand was unreal, there must have been 10's thousands of pounds of stock there. It was good to see, feel and handle items instead of looking at them on websites. The Knipex stand was also very busy. I also got a voucher for a free T shirt and a free bacon butty. We all come away with some goodies, below are a few of my buys - 


















No comments:

Post a Comment