24 November 2022

Slop fest loop around Co Durham's old railway lines

 


Well it was going to be nothing else apart from a complete slop fest. It has never stopped raining and the lines are not draining very well. In hindsight I should have took the road bike for a spin but I had my gravel bike with me. It was one of my simple routes taking in the old line to Bishop then over the viaduct, through the market place and up Durham road. A third of the way up I turn right and pick up the track / old line to Spenny. Through Spenny then the back way to Tudhoe / Croxdale, Sunderland Bridge and up the long climb to Brandon to pick up the old line again. It stopped dry for the ride, overcast, cloudy and cold. All in just under 22 miles with 950ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon - 














No comments:

Post a Comment