3 November 2022

Another dark spin around Durham but warmer today

 


I did not plan on going out on the mtb this morning but I was awake at 4.30! so I got up and out in the dark with the Trek again. I was going to fit my Lupine Betty but I thought I would give the Exposure Sirus a go on the front on its own. I don't have that many really dark sections apart from the wooded parts. It is ok at normal speed but on one descent where I pick up speed the light does not give enough projection of light into the distance so I had to slow down but apart from that I cannot really complain considering what I paid for it. By the time I got back home daylight had come through. Durham was lovely and quiet again, but the tracks n trails were still wet from more overnight rain. It was another ride in no weather as I call it. No sun, no sunrise, couldy, overcast and no wind ie weatherless!  I will have to have a look for my old mtb mudguards as I am getting a lot of spray from both the front and rear tyres. Today was my first ride with my Northwave Artic winter mtb spd boots and my feet were lovely and warm / dry. My Sidi’s have been stored away now for the summer! Below are a few snaps from the 14.5 mile loop with 700ft of climbing. Enjoy and hopefully more soon - 











No comments:

Post a Comment