19 November 2022

Catch up and Tubeless repair on my Continental mtb 27.5" x 2" tyre

 


It has been a funny old week, very busy with my new job, the rain has been mostly relentless. Loads of flooding all over Co Durham with roads closed and rivers bursting their banks. I think the photo above sums it up, one long narrow track ahead with some glum in the distance! Anyway - 
I finished early yesterday afternoon to check on my Creo gravel bike after the previous ride. I had charged it up but the back tyre was completely flat. I fired up my compressor and aired the tyre up. I found the cut which was leaking, signs of Stans around the area, so I whipped out my tubeless puncture repair kit. Firstly, I spiked the hole with the rasp driver, as it was a small hole I used my smaller / thinner bacon plugs. These are horrible sticky things but managed to pull it through the eyelet and gave it a twist then applied the glue to all sides. Pulled out the rasp and push the plug through. The eyelet driver come out clean with the plug remaining in place. I tend not to trim the excess plug off until at least the next day for the glue to dry / go off. I was going to wash / dry and lube the bike but the pitter patter of rain started yet again.  
I will check to see if the tyre is still holding air and hopefully get it washed, dried and oiled up today but again the forecast is not looking good, in fact it's raining now as I type this. I also have a couple of other small jobs on my other bikes but again that will have to wait until it dries up. 
No Fresh Goodies this week but some small consumables as I call them might land back end of next week or the week after at the latest. 
It's time to drag out every piece of Goretex clothing / equipment I own looking at the long term forecast on the BBC! 






Hopefully more soon but I cannot guarantee anything apart from a Assos Fresh Goods Sunday tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment