6 November 2022

Fresh Goods Sunday - Assos GT Socks (Black Size I)

 


Firstly I should have posted this Fresh Goods Sunday blog up earlier in the year as its well and truly winter sock time. I bought these from Assos direct when they had their summer sale. It is the first pair of Assos socks I have bought and used. The GT model is probably the cheapest sock in the range looking at the rrp. After using them on and off over the summer months, out of all their kit I have bought this year this model of sock just doesn't have the quality. / luxurious feel as my other items. They have loads of other socks in their range with a much higher rrp which I can only assume has better quality materials etc. Anyway back to the GT socks, they are basic, comfortable sock which wicks very well not that I suffer from hot / over heating feet, if anything I suffer from cold feet. As you can see on the last photo the material around the main body of your foot is very see through. They wash well and dry quickly. There are no signs of wear on the heels or toe areas. They come in three different sizes, I am a size 8 - 8.5 and Assos size I feels spot on, not too tight and not too big. They have some stretch but not overly stretchy like some socks. No good in the Spring, Autumn or Winter and when its cooler in the summer, so in effect only for the short time when it warm. At £8 you cannot go wrong, even at the full rrp. To be honest I would not buy another pair, same for my Attacus socks since wearing my Findra socks, see previous Fresh Goods Sunday for the review. They blow the socks off all my other socks! apart from my full on winter socks. 
RRP £12.00 and I paid £8.00 from Assos direct - Discount 33%

Manufacturers blurb - The classic summer cycling sock: odour-resistant, stretchy, supportive, and highly breathable.
A piece of cycling equipment is effective when it does its job so well that you forget about it. These socks embody that ethos, pulling moisture, resisting odour, and providing a light wrap of support across the metatarsals, arch, and ankle.

  • Material: 70% Nylon, 30% Spandex
  • Inherent silver microparticles - odour control
  • Lightweight
  • Breathable














No comments:

Post a Comment