3 November 2022

New e*thirthteen SL Chainring and more Fresh Goodies - Garmin Cadence Sensor & Shimano L05A pads

 


As mentioned in my previous blog I have changed the size of the chainring on the Trek. After several rides I noticed I was never using the three smallest cogs on the rear cassette so looked into what size I could drop the front chainring down to. e*thirteen go down to 28t on the SL ring but Trek recommend a 30t as the smallest. So, I bought one from Gary at Inspiral Cycles after some negotiation on the price. The rrp is an eye watering £65! Christ I can remember buying a full triple chainset for around that money 30 years ago. 
Anyway I have had one ride on the smaller ring and it is much better on the hills around Durham for me! and I using the smaller cogs on the rear now, thats if I am not freewheeling! Fitting is simple if you have a big 8mm allen key to remove the crank arm and the e*thirteen locking / bb tool and a 10mm allen key to use the tool. More on this in an upcoming Fresh Goods Sunday. 




I also ordered a Garmin Cadence sensor for the Trek crank arm and some more Shimano disc brake pads L05A (new versions) for my Creo road, Creo gravel and Cannondale Synapse Neo as they all run the same pad. My stocks were down to two pairs so have plenty now. From memory I am sure the Neo was wearing down close to the limit / spring. 






No comments:

Post a Comment