11 November 2022

Lumley TT Circuit on a very windy but very warm day

 


I have been trying to get out on my road bike for a couple of days now but the wind and heavy rain showers have put me off. I was thinking of where I could go where the wind would not be in my face for long periods of time and where there was some shelter. So I thought what about a few laps of the Lumley TT circuit. In my younger days I used to race around this course with Cestria CC and Houghton CC. Them days are over now but it was nice to have a go again. Nit sure what is happing with the temperature at the mo, the Garmin was reading 17 degrees, totally unreal but according to the forecaster its back to normal next week. On the downside was the 40mph wind gusts, very busy traffic and had to stop at least one junction per lap excluding my cool down lap, typical. The rain kept away even though it went very dark a couple of times, and I had a few drizzle spits landing. Well I did three laps and a cool down lap where I took some photos and short video clips. Total feet of climbing was 1050ft and my fastest ave was only 16.9mph! I may return again over the winter months for a few more laps if the weather is poor just to keep the road legs turning! Below are a few snaps, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 









No comments:

Post a Comment