23 February 2024

Short spin up and down the C2C Old Railway Line on Creo 1 inc Shimano GRX disc pad replacement

 


This is has been the only bike ride I have had this week. I was off on Monday and Tuesday but was out all day on Monday to Gretna Green, Scotland and Carlisle. I was had planned a longer ride on Tuesday but I was feeling rough and gave it a miss and did a load of jobs on the house / cars / van etc. Again the weather has been rather hit n miss with a lot of rain and wind. I finished early this afternoon and had to pick up some engine oil from Arran mate who works at NPA Pelton so I jumped onto the old railway line / C2C and headed for Consett. Again I was not feeling the best and turned once I reached Leadgate. I did a little extra on the way back down to get the distance up to 20miles, 1hr 24mins with 1000ft of climbing. As ever it was a very mixed bag of weather for the ride with some sun, cloud, overcast, quite windy and I felt really cold. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 














I did notice when I got my bike out of the van the front brake lever was back to the bars. I thought it had lost some mineral oil but when I looked down at the pads there was very little left! I normally keep on to of my pads / consumables etc on all of my bikes but missed these pads! 
I used up the last of my old stock - L03A, a few minutes later they were swapped over and the pin re greased with some copper slip on threaded part. I had to re centre the calliper as it was catching slightly on one side of the disc. 






Then it was time to wash, degrease the drivetrain, dry and re lube the Creo. Then back on for a charge up ready for its next outing, hopefully soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment