18 February 2024

A blast around my Durham Villages local road loop inc crossing over into Sunderland District

 


After having a sort out with my bikes a last week I decided to drag out my Creo 1 road bike. I have not used it in a long time and thought it would be a good opportunity to give it a spin. The roads are still soaking wet and very muddy in places but  hey ho. No sunrise this morning so set off in the cloudy / overcast skies but it was dry. I opted for my Durham Villages loop with the Easington Lane / Hetton extension added on more a few more extra miles. The roads were mainly lovely and quite first thing on a Sunday morning. My legs felt ok once they had warmed up climbing into High Shincliffe from Maiden Castle. There was a good old stiff headwind in places and the wind turbines were spinning away over Haswell Plough area. Durham city centre was even quiet when heading back home but my legs were starting to get a little tried now. I fitted the range extender but I would have had enough battery just off the main one. And to top it off the sun came out with just over a mile home, typical! Below are a few snaps from the ride and the route map at the bottom. All in just under 37 miles in 2hrs 24mins with 2300ft of climbing. Enjoy and hopefully more soon - 











No comments:

Post a Comment