17 February 2024

A very wet and muddy short blast around Durham / Maiden Castle. Fresh Goodies - Specialized Softshell thermal gloves. Update on Assos Jacket


It was time to get back out again for another spin on my bike. I decided to take out the Trek Marlin+ emtb hardtail for a shorter blast. I did my usual ride down to Durham, around Durham, over to Maiden Castle. I gave Houghall woods a miss as the tracks n trails were completly up the eyes in wet mud. It is the worst I have seen them for years with running water everywhere. Once I went around Maiden Castle I headed for The Trod before dropping back down to Durham and headed home via Frankland, The Sands, and The Carrs. Me and the bike were covered in freezing cold wet mud by the time I got back but on the plus side the sun decided to come out! There was a few other out but not that busy early doors. 
All in 15.5 miles in 1hr 16mins with 700ft of climbing. Enjoy the few snaps below and hopefully more soon. 













Fresh Goodies this week is some Specialized Softshell Thermal gloves from Specialized UK direct and delivered to Infinity Cycles for Click n Collect. rrp £45 and I paid £21.60. They are lovely and this which is just what I like for most of my Spring and Autumn riding. More on these in an up coming Fresh Goods Sunday. 


Oh I have finally got my Assos Trail Jacket sorted with CRC / Wiggle. A very long storey but more on that soon. I have worn it on this ride and ever with Assos the quality and performance of the garment is excellent. More miles yet to get a proper feel of the jacket. 

No comments:

Post a Comment