28 February 2024

A warmer, drier but windy ride from Consett to Broompark n back on the old railway line. Fresh Goodies - Cyclist Magazine

 


Back out on the new Creo 2 again for a short out n back spin. After Mondays freezing cold, wet, muddy and windy ride I thought to myself it could not get any worse. Again set off in gloom of cloud and wind but felt warmer with the Garmin hovering between five and six degrees. I set off down the old railway line to Broompark from Consett way. There was a few others out so there was a lot of slowing down and speeding back up again. The lines have dried out a lot since Monday and it was mainly dry if you avoided the big muddy sections. Once I reached Broompark I turned and headed back up the hill towards Consett. Once I reached Lanchester the sun even came out and the temperature nearly doubled. By now I was rather warm with all my winter kit on so took off my gloves and hat, pulled my zips down on my jacket and top giving more ventilation. By the time I reached Consett it was starting to cloud over again, not too worry still a very enjoyable ride. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 



More on the new Specialized bar bag soon








Fresh Goodies - I also bought the latest edition of Cyclist Magazine for a read and digest the latest news / kit etc 


No comments:

Post a Comment