13 February 2024

A longer spin out on the Creo 2 inc bedding in Absolute Black disc pads and checking Specialized Range Extender Battery

 

I am off work today and the forecast was looking better so I took the Creo 2 out for a longer spin. I have not used the range extender battery on my new Creo 2 so wanted to check that was working ok as some other owners have had problems with the battery not working with the Creo 2. Well I can report everything was spot on for me, no problems. Before I started the ride in ernest I had to break the Absolute Black disc pads in so did this first on a flat section of railway line from Langley Park heading to Bearpark. Once I had completed the break in I turned and headed for Consett. The line was mostly up the naff's with wet clarts and puddles, what a mess! The Garmin dipped to minus -2 degrees going through Lanchester and most the puddles were frozen. Once up at Consett it was a little warmer and less ice on the tracks. Once at Consett I headed straight over at the crossroads and headed for Rowlands Gill. Again there was long stretches of old railway with freezing cold running water the full width of the track. Once I got onto the next stretch of line after Rowlands Gill it was less muddy and seemed drier, which is normally the other way around! Once I reached the gate before the road I turned and headed back. I was thinking of going all the way down to the river Tyne but changed my mind. It is a very long drag all the way back up to the crossroads at Consett but a good work out for my legs. By now the sun was out and was more enjoyable. That did not last long as I hit a rain shower after Knitsley, down and all the way through Lanchester then it blew past. There was quite a few others out n about but not too busy. All in 43.5miles in 3hrs 25 min s with 2200ft of climbing. Enjoy the snaps below, hopefully more soon but the forecast is for three days of solid back to back rain! 

























No comments:

Post a Comment