4 February 2024

Fresh Goodies - Assos Trail Steinadler Jacket & Absolute Black Sram disc pads & a hike around Stanhope Moors

 


Friday me and Jane were off work so decided to have a spin up Weardale and park up at the Dales Centre at Stanhope. We donned our walking boots and headed for the hills. It was very warm and not too windy to start with. The singletrack through the woods was not as muddy as I was expecting. On the open tops the wind was strong but still felt quite warm. All in just over 6 miles. We had a walk around the town afterwards for some shopping before heading home via Holmside Farm Shop for some more goodies. 



No ford crossing, water level too high! 


Last week I mentioned the absolute BLACK disc pads I have bought from my Creo 2. Well today after washing the car, van and bike I decided to fit them to the bike. I have to follow the bedding in instructions before I start my next ride out though.  
I bought them from Gary at Inspiral Cycles as he did me a good price match against Team Cycles rrp £49.99 and I paid £31.25 a pair and he used a photo of my bike with the Ass Saver Wing Win 2 rear mud guard fitted that I bought from him for his January email newsletter. 






I also ordered a new off road cycling jacket =this week from Chain Reaction Cycles. I opted for the Assos Steinadler. More on this soon but the rrp was £200 and I paid £120. 




No comments:

Post a Comment