8 March 2022

Mainly off road local loop - Broompark - Bishop Auckland - Spennymoor - Bowburn - Durham 36.5 miles

 


Yesterdays weather was cracking so pushed on with some more decorating and took the farther in law down to the hospital for an appointment, after that the sun had gone and so was the day. . 
Today it was forecasted wall to wall sunshine all day with a frost so I prepared my bike and kit last night and I was out the door first thing. There was a good frost in places but still soft / wet mud in places. I wanted to stretch my legs a little further today so did one of my local mainly off road loops that I have done for many years. Took the back way over to Baxters Farm to pick up the old railway line to Broompark then over to Bishop. Through Bishop to pick up the old railway line to Spenny then the back way to Tudhoe Grange, Croxdale, Sunderland Bridge, Bowburn, Low Shincliffe, The Trod, around Durham then home via Frankland / The Sands. I have put a photo of the route at the bottom of the blog. 
The tracks, trails and roads were lovely and quiet which made it easier going. Not too much mud and was pretty good going in general under tyre. I took my Gravel Creo with my new DT Swiss 27.5" wheelset. No problems at all with the bike and was a pleasure to ride. 
Below are a few snaps and a short video clip from the ride. All in just over 36.5miles in 2hrs 55mins with 1800ft of climbing. Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 
































No comments:

Post a Comment