17 March 2022

Lovely sunny ride up to the Angle of the North / The Baltic / Consett n back

 


Yesterday afternoon I prepared my bike and kit as it was raining ready for a ride today. I was up and out by 6.30am with an overnight frost and plenty of ice. I parked up at South Pelaw / Lambton Worm and headed down the old railway line to come off onto the A167 where I turned left and headed for The Angel of the North. It was lovely and quiet so took a few snaps and joined back onto the A167 all the way to Gateshead / The Sage. I crossed over the blinking eye bridge into Newcastle then back over the low swing bridge to turn right up to the Metro Centre. I then turned left after crossing over the bridge to pick up the Derwent Walk all the way up to Consett. The line was in good condition considering and was pretty easy going. The sun made it much more pleasant! Once at smelter truck I turned left and dropped down the C2C line back to the Lambton Worm. This was a very fast stretch as it is mainly all down hill and I had a massive tailwind. 
All in 39 miles on the nose with just over 1500ft of climbing in 2 hours 52 mins. Below are a few snaps from the ride and a short video clip. Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 












































No comments:

Post a Comment