10 March 2022

Another mainly gravel loop - Birtley - Consett - Broompark on the Specialized Creo

 


Another day and another early morning ride out on the bike. I was out just after sunrise 6.45am and it was a lovely warm morning. I took the cycle track down to Chester Le Street then up to Birtley where I turned left onto the C2C / old railway line up to Consett. This is a loop I have done loads of times before so its a case of head down and plug away up the hill until you reach Consett. The sun had gone by the time I reached Leadgate and had turned nippy. The wind is back yet again but could not work out which direction it was coming from. Once at the junction at Hownsgill I turned left and dropped down the old railway line to Baxters Farm. On the way back the sun came back out at Lanchester and it warmed me back up again. The lines were mainly quiet and fast going under tyre. It was very enjoyable route / ride. Once back home I changed and washed the wife's car and my bike. Then I dried and oiled it up as the chain was bone dry, then put it on charge.
All in 36.6miles in 2hrs 45mins with 1400ft of climbing. Below are a few photos from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon - 
I also discovered what the rattle was on my road Creo. The bolt on the underside of the down tube which holds the battery in place, the head had sheared off the alloy bolt. Luckily it was not seized in and managed to remove the remaining threaded part easily and fitted a new stronger stainless steel bolt. I also swapped the second bolt, just in case! 








Also know locally as the Lambton Worm


























No comments:

Post a Comment