28 March 2022

Global warming in Durham has ended yesterday - back to normal now & a catch up

 


Yes last weeks global warming has finally come to an end in Co Durham and back to normal this week with nearly two days of rain / sleet forecasted and a maximum temperature of 4 degrees through the day. It has been fantastic whilst it lasted so we had a few days away back end of last week / weekend in the Scottish Borders then over to Northumberland. We had nearly wall to wall sunshine every day and no rain or wind. 
I have not been out on the bike for over a week to see if my right knee pain would calm down / go and it did. Jane is back to work this morning so I went out on my e mtb for a spin and my knee was twinging again so looks like its the cycling that's causing the problem. 
Todays route was my normal route down to Durham, over to Maiden Castle / Houghall Woods and a couple of extra loops making it up to just under 17 miles in 1 hour 23 mins with just under 900ft of climbing. Th trails are still bone dry and fast going but that is not going to last long as it was starting to rain on the way back. There was a few others out and about but mainly quiet. Below are a few cloudy / overcast cold looking photos from the ride. 














Below is also a few sunny snaps from Berwick Upon Tweed when we had a walk along the pier to the lighthouse. 






When we were away I also treated my self to a copy if the latest Cyclist magazine, has an article about a large loop in Northumberland for a gravel / cx bike. 




No comments:

Post a Comment