15 March 2022

A cold and windy road ride up to Weardale - Parkhead / Stanhope / Wolsingham

 


Today started with a lovely sunrise so I decided to drag my Cannondale Synapse Neo bike out of semi retirement. I should have checked the bike over last night but thought I would get away with pumping up the tyres and knocking the dust of it. The rear tyre would not seal as there was no sealant left in it so I fitted an inner tube, the front mud guard stays needed adjusting then I was off. The sunrise did not last long then it clouded over and I had a canny old headwind all the way from Lanchester up to Parkhead. The roads were lovely and quiet but wet and salty. When I reached the top the sun did try and come back out again but failed so I descended down Crawleyside to Stanhope. Through the village and turned right and took the back lane to Frosterley. Out of Frosterley then it was the main road section to Wolsingham and the traffic was flying as ever along this stretch. Once at Wolsingham I turned left and went up the bank and took the back country lanes back to Lanchester. All in just over 33 miles with 3100ft of climbing, 2hrs 19 mins = an average speed of 14.3mph. 
Below are a few snaps and a couple of short video clips, enjoy and hopefully more soon - 






















No comments:

Post a Comment