6 March 2022

Cold Sunday morning Durham Villages road route & a catch up

 


I was struggling to get out of my lovely warm bed this morning but the sun was trying to get through the curtains so I dragged myself and my road bike out for a local spin. There was overnight rain then it had froze over so caution was required on the many none gritted back lanes and descents this morning. It started off with the Garmin dropping down to minus -1.2 degrees but there was very little wind and some sun. The roads were lovely and quiet with very little traffic inc coming back through Durham city centre on the way back home and I had no look with any of the traffic lights, every set was on red! It was my normal route which takes between 2 hours and 2hr 10min. Today I was not feeling it and there was a rattle on the bike which was annoying the hell out of me. I forgot to clean / degrease my new disc rotors that I had fitted mid week so the brakes were squealing like a pig on steroids! 
Anyway I managed to get around and pushed on the last three miles or so and managed just under 2hrs 2mins. Ave speed was 15.4mph over the 31.25 miles with 1900ft of climbing. Below are a couple of snaps as I did not stop very often. Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 







The weather has not been great at the back end of the week, in fact it rained for nearly 48 hours solid. I have finished decorating the living room, porch, stairs and landing. I have now started the airing cupboard and bathroom. 
My new disc brake rotors landed on Wednesday so fitted them, also fitted the new cassette and swapped over the tyres front to back and vice versa. I also changed the oil and oil filter on my van and checked everything else over. 
After a rather busy week me, Jane and Arran had a trip down to Ripon yesterday for a walk about then called in past Darlo for our big monthly food / drink shop. 


No comments:

Post a Comment