6 March 2022

Fresh Goods Sunday - Specialized Stem Accessory Mount 20021-1900

 


Since buying my first Specialized Creo I noticed there was a slotted hole on the face plate of the stem. I found out it was so you could fit a bracket / mounting kit for you computer / light / camera etc. On my Creo I have set up for off road I have a bar bag fitted so I could not use the zipper / access the bag if I have an out the front bracket like this. When I bought my second Creo for road use this one does not have a bar bag so I fitted my Garmin mount to the handlebars and it was spot on. When I fitted my new USE Sirus light with the supplied band on bracket it looked naff to be honest and could not get the light to sit straight forward. So I bought the Specialized mounting kit for the stem so I could use it for my Garmin computer and light. The box comes with loads and loads of different adaptors for various manufacturers of computers etc. It took some working out which one I needed for the top and which one for the bottom. I still don't know what all the adaptors / brackets / rubber bands are for. There was no instructions in the box and could not find any on line. 
Fitting the metal bracket to the stem is simple enough, remove the face plate from your stem. Put the special shaped nut/washer on the back where the hole is then bolt through the bracket into the nut but not too tight. Refix the stem face plate and then you can set the angle of the bracket and tighten up the bolt from the underside. 
I then had to bolt the adaptor / go pro mount on the underside before fitting the adaptor plate then the Garmin mount through the top. You can turn the adaptor plate around to move the Garmin mount closer to the stem if required. Once all in place and computer fitted I could make the final adjustment to the angle of the bracket whilst sat on the bike and tightened up all the bolts. 
Next week will cover the USE light bracket adaptor which you can see in the last of the photos below. 
The rrp is steep but that will probably be due to the sheer amount of different mounts / adaptors you get in the box. The quality of the metal bracket is good but less so on the plastic mounts / adaptors. 

RRP £37.00 and I paid £30.93 from Tredz - Discount 16.5% inc next day delivery but they never had any stock and nor did Specialized UK after 15 days of waiting / chasing up etc. 
So I should have done what I was going to do in the first place and order it from Certini Cycles £37, in stock and free 24hr delivery. Could not ask for a better service. 

Manufacturers Blurb - 

Featuring a simple, secure and durable construction with two computer positions, the Stem Accessory Mount offers seamless integration with a variety of Specialized stems and aftermarket computers and accessories.
  • Seamless integration with Specialized Venge Stem, Future Stem, and SL Stem (Face Plate sold separately).
  • Compatible with Garmin, Wahoo, Bryton, Polar, Lezyne, Mio Magellan, Sigma, Cateye, Camera Mount (GoPro), Stix and universal light adapter.
  • Simple, secure, and durable construction with two computer positions.























No comments:

Post a Comment