31 August 2021

A short mainly gravel loop on County Durham's old railway lines - Specialized Creo 650b/27.5" wheels

 


The forecast was for dry and cloudy / overcast but cold. So I decided to do a short mainly gravel loop taking in a couple of County Durham's old railway lines. I checked the pressures on the new wheels and I was ready to rock n roll. It was a find drizzle even before I set off and around 10 degrees. The lines were damp and wet in places. There was hardly no other users out n about. I climbed up the old line to Stanley Crook then descended down to Crook. From Crook I picked up the road and over the climb / descent to the Coop at Willington where I turned left then along the old line back to Broompark picnic area. The drizzle was on and off for the whole ride and was very heavy at times. It was not a particularly nice ride but pleased to get out and about. The new wheels were so on, with no pinging / creaking / bedding in of the spokes. The 650b/27.5" diameter offers a lot more comfort than the 700c gravel wheelset. They did not feel that slower on the hard pack stuff but then again I was not exactly hanging about in the rain either. After a few more rids on them I will give more feedback. 
Below are a few photos from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 












No comments:

Post a Comment