17 August 2021

First 5k trail run in a very long time!

 


Last Sunday we called in past Alpkit coming back from Dobbies at Ponteland. I was after a new pair of running shorts as I have gained some weight since I last did any running as such! 
Looking back through my Garmin Connect in 2018 I did 7no 5k runs and the quickest being 30.37 and I have not done any since so three and a half years later I decided its time to get back out running or should I say trotting again. I was in Langley Park today so got changed and jumped straight onto the old railway line and headed for Lanchester. The line was wet and muddy in places from the very heavy overnight rain and I had headwind on the way out. There was another jogger in front so tried to keep pace with them and I managed. Half way / 2.5k later I turned and headed straight back with a tailwind in places. I was hoping for around 40 mins and I turned in 19min 4seconds. Its a long way when you haven't ran for that long. Today I did 37.32 so was pleased with that but my next target is around 35 mins then back down to less than 30 mins lol! 

Route was flat as a pancake - 31ft of climbing

New shorts day - more on these in a future Fresh Goods Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment