10 January 2021

Weekly Catch Up and a snowy/wet slushy short ride

 


First full week back at work after New Year for me, Angus & Arran. Jane had a few extra days off as she had to work right up to Christmas Eve. The weather has not been good at all this week with lots of ice / rain / wind and cold. The snow finally landed during Thursday night / Friday morning and it is our first good covering for a long time. Arran was working at Catchgate on Friday and he measured nearly 8" when he had his dinner at noon. Yesterday the sun was forecast, first time all week and it was beautiful. The temperature was minus -5 degrees but did not feel like it. I serviced my sisters second car ready for its mot and swapped my hub caps on my new car. More in Fresh Goods Sunday later. By the time we got finished and tidied up the sun had gone for the day and it was back in for food / drink and some heat. 
John Davidsons photos on Facebook of the line going up to Consett yesterday inspired me to get back out on my bike today but I knew it was going to be hard going. When I left home it was 5 degrees and the snow / ice was melting fast. The lines were un rideable as the snow / ice was just too soft / slushy and the wheels were just washing out so I hit the tarmac and did a short road loop before going back to the van / shop for our weekly shopping & post office. 
Below are a couple of snaps, enjoy and hopefully more soon - 











Colder up in the Consett area compared to Durham! 

I also decided to treat myself to some new mtb winter booties. I have used Northwave boots for a very long time and my current pair are getting a little tired. I found these in the sale on Sigma Sports website and they landed this week. They are a different design now compared to my the old ones. They are a lot harder to get your feet in but once they are on they feel lovely. I have not fitted any cleats etc yet, i might keep them for next year, see how the rest of this winter goes! 








No comments:

Post a Comment