15 January 2021

Update and some new Goodies - Pirelli Cinturato Gravel MTLR Tyres & Vredesein Snowtrac 5

 


Well I was pleased I did not have to go anywhere yesterday (apart from County late pm) as the snow landed. It was on and off all day and some rain mixed in as well. Then last night it froze and I mean it froze. The temperature was minus -4 degrees when I fired up Arrans car to go to work. The ice was unreal, but expected. Today the sun has come out so trying to defrost the van and Janes car but still reading -3 degrees on the car dash at midday. 
I have had a couple of deliveries this week. Some new winter gravel tyres for the Spec Creo SL and a pair of used winter tyres for my sisters car. 
I have just fitted the new tyres but more on them in a few weeks time in Fresh Goods Sunday after a couple of rides (if the ice and forecasted rain does one). 


There was also a freebie in the parcel from Sigma Sports - Cliff energy gel blocks. I am not a great lover of gel or energy food but will give them a go. 



And a pair of Vredesein Snowtrac 5 tyres. We have used the 3's for a lot of years but they have changed the tread pattern now. Hopefully they are just as good as the 3's in the snow. 



Fitting the new tyres to the DT Swiss gravel wheelset. Aired up first time but a lot tighten on the rims than the Gravelkings. Hopefully more grip in the mud, wet & slop. 




No comments:

Post a Comment