13 January 2021

Freezing cold local road ride on the Cannondale Synapse Neo



Another day and another ride on another bike. I have ridden three different bikes on three consecutive days and if all the snow that is forecasted over the next 48 hours I may take the Beargrease out next! Today was a short local road loop from my doorstep. It was freezing cold and there was plenty of ice. I tried to stick to main cycleways / gritted back roads where possible. By the time I reached Chester Le Street the Garmin was reading minus -2 degrees but climbing up towards Stanley it was getting warmer. The Garmin was now reading minus -.05 degrees but it soon dropped again as I descended back down to Waldridge Fell. The roads were mainly quiet and only seen a few others out walking / cycling. Below are a few snaps from the back to overcast & cloudy ride. Most were taken on the move as it was that cold. Hopefully more soon, depending upon weather conditions! 















Update - 14th Jan, looks like i wont need the Beargrease but my canoe instead! 



No comments:

Post a Comment