27 January 2021

Coastal walk along Seaburn/Whitburn & local gravel loop on Creo SL


Our new car was booked in to the Merc dealership at Sunderland to have a few issues sorted so we decided to have a short drive over to the near by coast for a walk out. The weather was fantastic and did not really feel the cold wind. The beach was very busy with people out enjoying some winter sun. We also called in past Morrisons for our shopping on the walk back to the car. Below are a few snaps from the walk. 







Yesterday I was over in Spenny and had my bike with me in the van so decided to ride the loop me and Jane was going to do on Saturday. The sun was in and out which made it much more pleasant and was 12 degrees warmer than Saturday mornings ride! In fact I had to up zip my outer top and my hands were sweating in my gloves. The overnight frost had come out of the old railway lines and it was like cold black soup in places. There was also loads of stretches of sheet polished ice which had me on my toes, luckily not my backside! 19 miles later I was back at Spenny covered in mud from head to toe but with a smile on my face. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon-






















No comments:

Post a Comment