21 January 2021

The storm has passed and the sun has come out = bike ride

 


Well the forecast was right it has never stopped raining, snow, sleet and wind for the last two and half days. The ground is totally saturated and the rivers are flowing very high. We have missed most of the flooding but the trails / tracks have massive puddles and are up the eyes in clarts. The sun was in and out so I decided to get some fresh air on a local short ride down to Durham, around Maiden Castle, up the trod then back around Durham before heading home via the dog kennels / The Sands. I wanted to try out my new winter gravel tyres before taking them out on a longer ride. They started off lovely and clean but that only last long, it was around 1/2 a mile into the ride before hitting the huge puddles / mud. I did not test them to their limits as it was that wet and sloppy but I had no traction issues or sliding out from under me. 
Below are a few cold, windy, sunny and overcast photos. Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 


























No comments:

Post a Comment