24 January 2021

Very cold & icy short ride from Brawns Den, Brandon on the E bikes.

 


Yesterday we had some shopping to drop off at Janes mum and dad's then arrans car was to pick up from Mark Sawkins at Willington soo had planned our loop around Tudhoe, Spenny, Bishop n back. There was a good overnight frost and the temperature on the Garmin was nearly minus -4 degrees. I thought the ice would not be too bad but disaster struck within 1/2 a mile of the start. The lane going down to Viaduct was sheet ice and Jane pulled the front brake on to slow down = straight over the bars. So we headed back to the start and took the old railway line towards Willington, the conditions were ok for me but Jane is not confident to say the least so turned and headed back to the van. Jane drove home and I rode home. There was loads of other users out along the lines enjoying the winter sun. I did not really feel the cold as such and I soon warmed up on the return leg on my own. Below are a few cold looking snaps from the very short ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon - 














No comments:

Post a Comment