3 January 2021

Goodbye 2020 and into 2021 with some more walks

 


New Years day was a complete wash out in the morning so I went around Angus's house and did some more decorating / tidying up. Over five hours later I got back home for something to eat and drink and that was most of the day gone. Yesterday me and Jane had a drive through to Bishop Auckland to pick up some shopping so parked up at the end of the old railway line / farm to have a hike up the line towards Spenny on the way back. It was tough going with solid sheet ice- 2 to 3" deep then a covering of icy / hard compacted snow on top of that. It was hard enough walking and trying to keep upright not about on a bike. After 2 miles we turned and headed back so covered just over 4 miles / 1hr 28mins. 
-









On the way back we called in past the Crem to see my mum and dads plaque and Janes sisters. 


Today I woke up to lashing rain yet again but checked the forecast over on the coast and it was looking better. So me and Jane headed off over to Sunderland and parked up at the National Glass Centre and walked down to the back of the building and followed the c2c cycle route around the marina and along to Roker pier where we had a lovely hot cuppa then headed back, just over 2 miles. There was a freezing cold wind in places but stayed dry for the walk. On the way back we called in past Morrisons at Doxford Park for our monthly big shop. Morrisons was stripped, shelves were empty and hardly no stock or no stock at all in some products / ranges. 
Below are a few photos from the walk, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 











Well lets see what 2021 brings us. We have not made any holiday plans as we are in Tier 4 and is a complete waste of time at the moment. I need to get back out on my bikes and try and loose some weight / gain some fitness. Angus will be moving out this year. Arran will continue with his apprenticeship and hopefully start his new college course in September one day a week. Me and Jane are working from home but I have my site visits nearly every day to keep me sane. I am not enjoying my work anymore and it may be time to move onto somewhere new / different where I will get some sort of  job satisfaction. Nothing really to look forward at the moment but hopefully that will pick up when the weather picks up and the restrictions are lifted. 



No comments:

Post a Comment