30 September 2019

Sunny, warm'ish local road ride

Well last week was a complete wash out and so was most of the weekend. We have had rain, more rain and some more rain on top of the rain. I did not get any cycling in but a near 4 hour hike on Thursday during a gap in the rain. We had a look through to Bishop Auckland on Saturday then through to Alison Court just out side the Metro Centre on Sunday. Alpkit have opened up a shop, one unit down from Cycle Republic.
Today was the first descent day we have had for a while so I cocked my leg over the saddle for a spin out. It was a local road loop and covered 27 miles with nearly 2500ft of climbing.
I could tell I have not been out for a while, all parts of my body was feeling it but kept plugging away in the gaps in the sun / cloud. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon -
PS - NECCL RD 3 this Saturday by Newton Aycliffe Velo at Oak Leaf Sports Centre, Newton Aycliffe.














No comments:

Post a Comment