1 September 2019

Clean up Sunday and some new goodies

I thought it was about time all the e bikes had a good going over. I thought I cleaned out and degreased all the drive trains not so long ago but three hours later I managed to clean and degrease all three bikes. The amount of crap build in the cassettes on the Cubes was unreal. I also cleaned out the front chainring where there is always a lot of build up on both sides of the ring. The jockey wheels also suffer from a lot of oily crap build up.
The Cannondale was not too bad and did not take that long.  I also checked every nut and bolt on all three bikes. Checked the two front fork air pressures and pumped up all the tyres.
On the older Cube I swapped over the flats for spd's and swapped the saddle/seat post to the longer Thompson post as Arran wants to go out for a few rides next week.
I am keeping the Hunt 650b wheel set with the 2" tyres on my Cannondale for a while longer. I am enjoying riding it off road and the extra comfort they give.
 

The paint job really stands out in the sunlight.

Three different metallic colours

Going to go back to the Finishline green xc lube for a while
 
There was a also a few new goodies landed this week, the new Machine Mart brochure, Bikes Etc magazine for some reading and finally my new Sidi mtb shoes. The red / black ones I ordered from PBK was cancelled as after 5 weeks they had still not come into stock. Wiggle had one pair of the same shoes in 44 but in yellow / black so I ordered them instead. 4 days they never landed so dropped them an email. Ah they did not have any stock and were on back order. Only 2 weeks wait this time and they landed on next day delivery. I will hopefully get these set up within the next couple of weeks and onto the trails before the winter set in = Northwave Artic boots!








No comments:

Post a Comment