22 September 2019

Sunday morning local road loop

I was up at 5.30am and the forecast was not looking good on the BBC or Met Office websites but I needed to get out for a quick spin. I was up and out by 7am and it was around 6 degrees. The forecast was rain from 9am on one site and 7am on the other site so I put on my Gore rain coat. After an hour of climbing the sun was out, very little wind and the temperature was up to 10 degrees. The heat / sweat was starting to build up but I knew I had a couple of long fast descents so I would sharp cool down again. The roads were lovely and quiet, I only had one idiot over taking me on a blind corner with a car coming the other way to then turn right 20ft after the corner. Why on earth could they could not wait 5 seconds god knows. I also called in past Greencroft Ind Est where Angus was working today, he was grafting away as ever. I also called in past to see my mum on the way back home. The bike went well and I was not too bad either for a change.
All in 32 miles, 2 hours 7 mins and just under 2000ft of climbing.
Once back home I washed Janes and my bike, dried them off and lube'd them up ready for the next ride.
I then spent some time fitting some new Rithey cleats onto my new Sidi's which I have just took out of the box. More on this in this weeks Fresh Goods Sunday and next week. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon -









Found this bus shelter

Sure it should be down the road in Beamish


Awful having to sit in this waiting for the bus







 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment