11 September 2019

Sunday morning local road ride with the temperature @ 0.5 degrees

The forecast was looking good for Sunday and I had loads of jobs to catch up on after being away on holiday but the bike was first!. I was up and out by 7am and the grass was white with frost! the forecast said around 4 to 6 degrees but the Garmin was reading 0.5 degrees! I had three layers on the top but only my shorts on the bottom half. My legs were not too bad but my fingers and toes were freezing. I only had my short fingered gloves / summer socks on and I was even going to turn and head back and change them. The sun was blazing away so I plodded on and just about warmed up by the time I got back. The Garmin was now reading 6 degrees. Normally the roads are very quiet on this route early on a Sunday but for some reason there was loads of cars and idiots out first thing! Not too worry I was back home and on with jobs outside and around my mums which I had been putting off for a while. Below are a few snaps, enjoy and hopefully more soon -


















No comments:

Post a Comment