30 June 2019

Fresh Goods Sunday - WTB Exposure TCS 32mm

Following on from yesterdays blog I have held off doing a Fresh Goods Sunday on this tyre until after a few weeks to see if it performed any better than the original WTB fitted to my Cannondale Synapse Neo 1. I cannot fault the fit of the tyre. The tyres air up first time with no leakage. I also cannot fault the tread pattern, it is perfect for tarmac and smoother sections of paved/gravel railway lines around Co Durham. BUT and there is a massive but. They don't hold air and the tread and sidewalls leak a massive amount of sealant. The original rear tyre went out with a massive bang as the outer tread skin come away from the inner skin, just as well I was not riding the bike when it happened! As you may have read I am now trying Maxxis and two out of three WTB have been returned. If the Maxxis performs better I will order another one and put it on the front. I have a pair of WTB mountain bike tyres and never had any problems with them, not sure it is just me or if other riders are having problems with the 32mm version, any they are crap and I had coughed up £100 for the pair plus sealant I would have been bouncing to say the least.
RRP £49.99 and I paid £39.99

Manufacturers Blurb -
Elite-level road meets renowned tubeless simplicity in sizes that accommodate exploration while digging deep on lonesome roads. Exposure tires mean big days and few boundaries.
FEATURES:
  • Supple tubeless casing allows for lower pressure and improved traction.
  • High volume road casing enables comfortable ride.
  • Dual Compound Rubber means a fast rolling tire with great corning traction.
  • Smooth centerline with relieved outside tread for off-road performance.
    USAGE:  Adventure Road
    CONDITIONS:  Pavement / Hardpack
Wheel SizeLevelWeightCompoundCasing
700c x 32
Road TCS 
315gDistance CompoundSupple








 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment