29 June 2019

Another tyre change on the Cannondale Synapse Neo

Well enough is enough. After the two original WTB Exposure TCS 700c x 32mm tyres failed I purchased another WTB to see if it was just a dodgy batch but the third tyre was worse than the first two. I have put up with them for long enough and today I took the back one off and fitted the third tyre now. This time it is a change of manufacturer to Maxxis (Re-Fuse 700c x 32mm) so time will tell if this one starts to leak sealant.
When I stripped off the rear tyre I fitted the replacement tyre with just under 100ml of Stans, when I poured out what was left into the measuring cup there was only around 25ml left! that is some leakage in few weeks! There will have been nothing left in the tyre by mid July if I had left it on the bike.
The Maxxis was a perfect fit, not too tight and not too slack. It inflated straight away with the compressor, I always use some washing up liquid on the beads to get them to seat first time and there was no problems. Again I poured in just under 100ml of Stans. So far the tyre has held pressure and there are no signs of any leakages.
The original tyre has been posted back to Westbrook Cycles and the replacement I bought has been sent back to Wiggle. See what they both say and hopefully the Maxxis will behave itself. The tread pattern is not so "gravel" compared to the WTB. On the Vision  rims it is 32mm on the nose and the WTB was 33mm. I still have the original WTB on the front but that is still leaking. I have never had so much trouble with tyrs in all my 40+ years of cycling.


 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment