9 June 2019

Sunday morning spin up the Waskerley with Jane + Weekly Catch up

It was my first week back to work this week and there was a fair amount of work to catch up on lol! I spent nearly 3 1/2 days of continuous driving around the county in the van racking the miles in doing my site visits. I have not had time to turn a pedal but did have a few hours off on Thursday afternoon for my nearly 3 hour hike. It has been a very mixed week of weather, mainly rain and there has been some flooding in places.
Yesterday was a complete wash out and there was no chance of me swinging my leg over any saddle, so me and Jane had a look through to Bishop for Morrisons, banking, shopping around the town, breakfast in spoons and popped up to see John at his open day in the House of Smudge gallery. I was not going to buy anything but there was one I could not resist! more on that soon.
Today the forecast was looking a lot better so me and Jane went out on the E bikes for some fresh air. There was plenty of that as we headed over to Baxters Farm to pick up the old railway line to Consett, swung left then headed up the Waskerley way. We had a massive headwind nearly all the way out and my legs were feeling empty. We got to the gate through the wooded section, turned and headed back. This time we had a tailwind and I was bombing. By now there was quite a few others out on the line compared to come going out which was dead. We called in past Hownsgills café for a cuppa and toast. All in just under 41 miles with 1800ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps, enjoy and hopefully more soon -


























No comments:

Post a Comment