5 May 2019

Weekly catch up + Sunday morning local road ride on Cannondale Synapse Neo E

Well what a week it has been, two busy days at work then I packed my bag on Tuesday afternoon ready for the hospital on Wednesday. I did not sleep much the night before, if fact I have not slept properly for a weeks, anyway I was up and out the house by 6.30am after two slices of toast. The waiting room was quite so thought to myself I might be in the operating theatre a little quicker today even though I am always last on the list due to having MRSA in the past at Dryburn. After more form filling, questions etc I was marked up, clothes off, gown on and ready to go by 8.15am. I hate going to the tiny back waiting room as its very small, no fresh air, red hot and just awful to sit in for 5 hours or so. They also don't like you taking any magazines, food / drink etc into the room. I call it the torture room. So after some discussion I went up to the massive lounge area right next to the window which was open and the tv was on. Nearly six and half hours later they called me to go down to the operating theatre, they were not ready so waited another half hour then it was all systems go. Both the surgeons were happy with the operation and just waiting for the lab test results coming back. I was back home and feet up by 3pm and shattered / in pain.
Well after two weeks off the bike I decided to go for a local road loop this morning. It was cold, windy, overcast & cloudy. The gritters had been out and some roads were pure white with salt. My legs felt empty from the word go, not a good start but I kept plugging away and felt slightly better after they had warmed up. I did not stop too often for photos so there is only a few below.
Enjoy and hopefully more soon -
















No comments:

Post a Comment