5 May 2019

Fresh Goods Sunday - MET STRADIVARIUS Road Helmet

I have used MET helmets for nearly all of my cycling life. I have always used the Stradivarius model for the road, not that you cannot use it off road. Met have not changed the deign very much over the years which suits me as they always feel comfortable on my head and I have never had any problems with them. This one come in the sale at the back end of last year as it was an old model / colour but brand new with box etc. The gel pads are far better than the old cloth ones. It is very easy to adjust with the adjustment wheel at the back. The straps, once set up for your ears / chin never need much adjustment. The only time I adjust the length of the strap if I have my ear warmer on. Talking about that due to my head being fat I cannot wear my full winter hat underneath as there is just not enough room width wise. On the other end of the scale my head never over heats in the summer as there are loads of vents. The stickers on the helmet are also reflective if using on darker evenings / nights. All in I could not go wrong for the money that I paid. Hopefully this will last as long as all my other previous Met helmets which I still have scattered around the house / loft / garage / van!
RRP £130 and I paid £52

Manufacturers blurb -
CONSTRUCTION.
IN-MOULDING INTELLIGENT FUSION / Different densities of material, depending on the characteristics of each model.
FULL WRAP / The polycarbonate shell wraps the bottom of the helmet towards the inside of the shell.
HOMOTHETIC EMBEDDED SKELETON / Spreads the pressure built up at the impact point, and thus dissipates the force of impact over the whole shell.

SIZE ADJUSTER  
SAFE-T ADVANCED / Lighter with broader contact area, the pressure is distributed in a homogenous way.

STRAPS
AIR LITE STRAPS / A revolutionary technique of weaving polyester fibres aids sweat evaporation and provides greater tensile strength with less weight.
AIR LITE LATERAL DIVIDERS / Their ultra-flat design helps reduce aerodynamic drag.
EMBEDDED STRAPS ANCHORING POINTS / Improves the aerodynamics and the straps' tensile stress is more evenly dissipated in case of impact.

COMFORT
FULL GEL O2 PADDING / Hypo-allergenic, anti-bacterial, made from thermo-stabilising polyurethane morpho-gel. Keeps the head cooler.

BE SEEN!
REFLECTIVE STICKERS / At night or in tunnels, they make the bike visible to drivers approaching from behind.
REFLECTIVE LOGO/ The MET logo on each side of the helmet is reflective too.











No comments:

Post a Comment