26 May 2019

Fresh Goods Sunday - Clarke CTC600B Mechanics' 6 Drawer Steel Tool Chest

I have been looking at a new / slightly larger tool box for my van for a while now. My old one was bursting full of tools / inner tubes / bike spares etc. I normally go to the Darlo branch of Machine Mart but it is a canny hike from ours so when we were up in the toon last weekend we called in past the Gateshead branch on Lobley hill. I had my vat free voucher as well so killed three birds with one stone! The CTC600B model seemed to fit the bill for me, slightly higher and wider but another 5" longer. My old CB5 model has never let me down and is strong construction and still going strong. As the years pass its like everything the newer models are not as quite as good construction, thickness of steel etc as the old days. Don't get me wrong the drawers are smooth, opens and closes / locks without any problems. The quality is still there I suppose and its was only £68 at the end of the day. I have emptied my old one and transferred everything over into the new one including a few more tools / spares that I wanted to put in my old box but just not enough room. It does not come with any drawer liners but does come with two keys and four anti slip pads for the base. I did line out the chest with anti slip matting, more on that in next weeks Fresh Goods Sunday.
RRP £83.98 and I paid £69.97

Manufacturers blurb -
This six drawer unit features ball bearing slide drawers runners for easy opening and all steel construction with a powder coated finish. It also includes front locking security bars and side handles.
RangeClarke Mechanics'
ColourRed
TypeTop
No. of Drawers6
Drawer RunnersBall Bearing
WheelsNo
Max load per Drawer19 kg
Dimensions WxDxH (mm)260 x 600 x 340



















another two full sets of allen keys to go into this drawer and that will be full

And the old one it has replaced -

Dimensions (WDH) 472x231x307mm






No comments:

Post a Comment