6 May 2019

Bike Shield + Gore Delivery

Last week I also received a delivery direct from Gore, Belgium. I have bought some new shorts to go with my new Gore short sleeved jersey I bought last year in the sale, I have not worn yet. It was free p&p and only took 3 days and that included a weekend, I also had a 15% off voucher. My Merlin parcel the week before took 5 days from Yorkshire to Durham via the Royal Mail, its just unreal!

 
I have also bought some Bike Shield, off the roll this time from Inspiral Cycles. I got 50cm for £15. The down tube on the Cannondale Synapse Neo E bike has no protection and as I also use the bike as a gravel bike I want to protect the paintwork. I have the full shield kits but they were not wide / long enough due to the down tube size for the battery. I cut it down to width and cleaned the paintwork and on it went. There was a couple of air bubbles but not too bad. The strip I had left was long enough for the top tube so cut that down to shape and cleaned the paintwork and applied in the same method. This time there was loads more bubbles and looks like the glue / adhesive has caused the problem. I have tried heating them up with a hair dryer etc but not made much difference.. I will see if they disappear naturally over time. It does not look the best at the mo but does protect the paintwork.








No comments:

Post a Comment