23 March 2019

Hunt 650b Adventure Sport Disc rear wheel - Cannondale Synapse AI re dish offset

A few blogs ago I tried in my Hunt 650b wheel set in the Cannondale Synapse Neo E Bike. The front wheel was no problem even with a 2" tyre. The rear wheel with a 2" tyre did not clear the frame due to the AI system designed back end. I was running the wheel with a Surly Knard as a temporary measure.
I contacted Hunt wheels regarding the offset re dish to suit the Cannondale and they stated that if would not affect the warranty on the wheels and were happy with the additional 6mm of offset required.
There is a good video on the net from Cannondale on how to re dish a normal wheel but I did not want to take the chance so dropped it off at Infinity Cycles workshop who are an approved Hunt dealer. 6 days later I got a text saying it was ready to collect.
I took the bike along just to make sure it was spot on in the frame. The wheel was still too much off centre so the mechanic pulled it over another 2mm and then it looked spot on. Charge = £15, not too bad I thought.
When I got back home I whipped out my Park dishing tool and it measured just under the 12mm that Cannondale recommend.
It was then on with the 2" tyre and the moment of truth - it cleared on the rear stays and bb area. It would clog up with mud at the bottom but I will not be using the bike in very muddy conditions anyway.
I have tried to take some photos of the clearance below but is hard to do with a normal camera. I have not tried the bike yet with the 650b x 2" set up at both the front and rear. I cannot see there being any problems and I will update when I get a few rides in.






No comments:

Post a Comment