6 February 2019

Ride over to the Cumbrian Border then a spin upto the summit of Chapel Fell

Today I ended up having a site visit in upper Weardale, the rain was no that heavy and I had the e bike in the back so time for a steady blast. I took the back country lane from St Johns Chapel out to Cowshill to pick up the main road past Killhope and up the climb to the Cumbrian border. By god it was windy to say the least, the Garmin was also reading 2.0 degrees at one point! It was 8 to 9 degrees and sunny when I left the depot. The descent back down towards Killhope I had a massive tailwind and I glanced over at the display and it was 57-58mph without turning the pedals. Once I was off the top and back into the valley the temperature picked up and the rain stopped. I had used two bars of power when I got back to St Johns Chapel and thought why not turn right and head to the summit of Chapel Fell (highest paved pass in England), yes I must have had a blond moment. I had a massive headwind all the way up and spitting rain but it was not as cold. Saying that I did not hang around too long at the summit. A couple of photos taken and straight back down with a massive tailwind. I noticed there was sheep on the fells and near the road side on the way up so decided to take it more steady and give the disc brakes a good work out on the way back down. Saying that I still topped 50mph without even noticing!  Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon -






































No comments:

Post a Comment